Monday, September 17, 2007

For the Record

For my own cognitive benefit (as well as the benefit of the curious), I have decided to put down the essential beliefs that I hold to. There are many details that could be added, but that is what all my other posts are for. Here, let the essentials be stated.
To put it simply, I follow after the five "Solas," which are as follows:
  1. Sola Scriptura: "Scripture alone," i.e., the Bible is my ultimate authority.
  2. Sola Christus: "Christ alone," i.e., the redemption of Christ is the only salvation.
  3. Sola Gratius: "Grace alone," i.e., salvation is by the grace of God, not human merit.
  4. Sola Fide: "Faith alone," i.e., this grace is received through faith, not human work.
  5. Sola Deo Gloria: "Glory of God alone," i.e., all things are to be done for God's glory and reflect God's glory.
A nice article that further expounds the "Solas" can be found here.

No comments: